Thursday, February 3, 2011

Freezing !!!

Dear Fellow Blog Followers,

Well, we experienced an ice rain/snow storm on February 1, 2011 and now have 2-3 inches of ice on the sidewalks/roads (so, we are not laughing at the "Watch for Ice on Road" signs any more).  It is really cold here today in Dallas (currently –7 C. / 19 F.), also the wind chill makes it feel like –20 C.  Kevin’s office is closed for part of the day as the roads are extremely icy.  He stayed home and several other businesses have closed for the day.


I had a nail appointment which I decided to cancel.  My nail technician was thrilled when I called to cancel.  I was the only customer left on her schedule for the day as she cancelled all other appointments and was awaiting my call.  Yup...  the one and only Canadian left on her schedule who was actually going to go in.


Last Friday, I put one of my favorite Christmas gifts in the back yard.  It was christened with the cold weather and has been taking a beating from the strong winds. That's right... the Alberta Flag is experiencing some "home town" weather and is trying to withstand the wind factor.  With any luck, I was hoping the "folds" would iron themselves out.  I think if the weather warms up, the heat might do the trick.  If not, I'll take it down and give it a light ironing on my own.




Alberta!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds like you guys are having an exciting week! I fell behind on your blogs Mom because it was a desert for like 2 months :P

    ReplyDelete