Monday, August 29, 2011

Dung Beetles !!!

Dear Fellow Blog Followers,

Dung Beetles are members of the cockroach family. They arrived here in April and are completely disgusting!

They come out at night and they can fly and are attracted to light. So, I stayed inside when it was dark out and we do not turn the pool light on. Normally they are active in May/June, but the bug guy said this is an off year and they are early in the season.


I forgot to turn the pool light off one night and the next morning, there was a nice surprise in the pool.  I stopped counting after 60, but there could easily have been about 100 floating in the pool.  Good thing the pool guy was on his way to clean up that mess.  Just talking about the Dung Beetle creeps me out!

The Dung Beetle mainly eats pooh!!!  See what I mean - they are gross!  They roll up pooh into a ball and then bury it in the ground, lay eggs in it, and feed off it.


Some people eat these awful creatures.  I suppose if our planet did not have the Dung Beetle, our world would be a stinkier place!

Dung Beetles are Gross !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment