Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tid Bits...

Dear Fellow Blog Followers,

So, we are enjoying our time here and the great weather (this time of year).  I just called the Dentist in Calgary to update our Dental Provider and spoke directly with my dentist (reception is closed on Fridays).  He asked how we are doing and told me that it was 23 C. in Calgary yesterday and snowing today!!!  Oh My Gosh!!!  It is currently 22 C. with a high of 31 C. for the next couple of days.  Then it gets really cold and drops to 25+ C. for later next week.  Hmmm....  I am not sure if we'll be able to stand the cold here...

Tid Bits to Ponder...
  • Power Bar for Computer - Store clerk had no idea what we were talking about.  Suggested we were hungry and needed to eat an energy bar - Power Bar.  Go figure!
  • Furnace & Hot Water Tank - We searched the entire inside/outside of the house looking for the furnace and hot water tank.  Unseemly to us, they are both located in the Attic (the last place I was going to look).  HOISH!!!  Who would have thunk?
  • Ma'am - I have been called Ma'am more times than I can count (or care to remember) since we have been here.  Very polite, but I feel like I've aged 20 years.  Takes some getting used to...
  • New Pet - Yes, we have a new pet named "Spot".  He lives under the mailbox and freaks me out every time I check the mail.  "Spot" is a little spotted Gecko.  He also has a couple of friends who live in a plant/planter in the back yard.  They are really harmless, but they freak me out because they move faster than the eye can follow.  OK - where did he go???
  • Mail Truck - Not much bigger than a very small jeep delivers the mail to our mail box.  They even deliver on Saturdays!!!  Gotta love it!!!

          
          It's lil ol me.  Yes, Ma'am!!!
"Spot"

Yes Ma'am.  Thank you Ma'am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment